SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Fault isolation through events and trends from multiple systems to diagnose and restore customer services, caused by RF services related interruptions or failures
- Follow step by step procedure for fault detection and identification using RF guidelines and work instructions set forth by SES engineering teams
- Take ownership of customer incidents and complaints through to resolution or escalation to Level 2
- Follow standard procedures for RF antennas and electrical motor systems supporting the antennas, with escalation of unresolved Incidents to the appropriate internal teams
- Initiate, update and resolve incident records and convey actions taken to customers
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues in business terms, and explain customer impact
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills on RF services and infrastructure, with working knowledge IP Networking
- Customer Service
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or similar field
- Experience operating remote connectivity tools
- Basic knowledge of IP networking
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shift schedule, nights, weekends, and holidays
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Proficiency in multiple languages
- Satellite Communications industry experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
GOOD TO KNOW
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.