Take Your Story Anywhere. With SES.
As member of the Spacecraft Control Software Systems Operations staff you are responsible for deployment, configuration, and support of software applications and computer hardware (including virtualization) used for real-time spacecraft control and management as well as offline tools to support engineering analysis. The position includes system procurement and project management roles as well as requires on-call remote support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide operational support to the end users, responding to operational issues, due to software and hardware anomalies, troubleshooting, restoring nominal operations, and documenting any software development changes required.
- Work with external vendors and internal operations staff to provide technical expertise
- Keep up-to-date with latest technologies
- Create technical documentation
- Communicate progress and problems to management, estimate and lead project work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems.
- Help automate software deployment and maintain application software lifecycle.
- Configure, deploy and maintain software, workstations, servers and computing infrastructure at each of the geographically diverse operation centers
- Provide on-call support outside office hours according to the on-call schedule
- Independent and self-motivated with proven ability to deliver on complex and time critical tasks/projects
- Passionate team player, motivated to work in an international environment, collaborating with interdisciplinary teams
- Versatile and able to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly
- Eager to help others to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work around a 24×7 environment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Introductory level of one or more of the following programming languages (C#, C++, Java, Python)
- Understanding of tools such as GIT and/or BitBucket
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of virtualization, and docker/container technology
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset