SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As part of SES Networks this commercial function is responsible to help customers improve their business by selling them the solutions they need. The incumbent leads the development and advocacy for products, solutions and investments that will accelerate growth in the Aviation segment.
The vision of SES is to deliver seamless network solutions to end users where traditional terrestrial options are unavailable or not suitable (government, mobility, telcos, MNOs, CLOUD and enterprise). In this position, the incumbent will integrate differentiated customer approaches into commercial go-to-market resources at a services level for the generation of profitable long-term top-line revenues and for the increase of SES’s market share for Aeronautical Services, globally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- In adherence to the overall SES Networks strategy, execute the Aeronautical strategic sales plan and vision so as to achieve its objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth; via customer sales through Aerospace Service Providers.
- Support business planning and general planning & execution processes;
- Assess and validate strategic customers’ needs for Aeronautical services globally so as to make sure to anticipate their evolution;
- Define strategic sales initiatives for Aeronautical accounts and customers globally as well as generate sales leads and close contracts in accordance with set revenue objectives;
- Develop sales pipeline forecasting to give a view on demand by existing products and services and new ideas for improvement and innovation to influence investment decisions;
- Work with Product and Commercial in scoping out market requirements and defining product pricing.
- Identify commercial leads, elaborate client proposals, negotiate offers, execute sales and manage relationships with existing and potential Aerospace Service Providers;
- Develop Master Frame Agreements with Aeronautical-centric integrators;
- Negotiate and close contracts with prospect and accounts at senior level;
- Work with regional sales to address product and solution requirements and opportunities.
- Stay close and ‘top of mind’ of customers to continuously demonstrate value of the end-to-end integration of SES’ Aeronautical services with Aerospace Service Providers
- Constantly optimise value proposition offered to Aeronautical customers;
- Manage the customer relationship between the lead generation and fulfillment processes;
- Present new upgrades to customers regarding current offer.
- Through a matrix management approach, manages a team to ensure that customers are supported by various functions within SES Networks and Corporate as needed. Commercially responsible for deals, including P&L; Manage the process from requirements capture to order entry and validation. Provide status updates to the customer regarding provisioning of the order and manages expectations;
- In consultation with Executive team ensures appropriate resourcing to deliver on the strategy
- Leads by example in organizational ethics, morals, the SES Way of Working and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking/tactical operations to execute Company’s vision.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to understand the business of our customers (and their customers) and able to create industry insights that will position SES as a thought leader and drive the respective customers closer to SES;
- Very good technical knowledge regarding SES’ products allowing to better drive the co-operation between the various departments, resulting into efficient and pro-active interdepartmental results;
- Very forward and aggressive hunter and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively make commercial offers, negotiate solutions and drive the sales process by personal engagement;
- Strong interpersonal and network skills and the ability to establish and nurture high level business contacts;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in making effective sales presentations;
- High level of personal integrity, and adhere to a strict code of conduct and personal behavior;
- Very good commercial judgment and the ability to operate within a sometimes high pressure environment, or under short timeframes;
- Ability to multi-task and possesses a high level of advance communication, interpersonal, management and creative problem solving skills.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- University education within Engineering, Finance or other relevant area. Additional MBA is considered an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience selling complex telecommunications services in Aeronautical markets, with a demonstrated clear track record for numerical results over the past few years;
- Knowledge of satellite, telecoms, media, aeronautical or other communications sectors;
- In depth understanding of its current & future products and solutions;
- Excellent knowledge of technical, financial and operational aspects of the business;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Knowledge of satellite communications industry by identifying and anticipating customer needs, assess their implications, determine their impact and develop/implement action plans;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Knowledge of other languages are considered an additional asset;
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70% of the time domestically and internationally to meet with leaders of aeronautical end users.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
GOOD TO KNOW
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Requisition Number: 10738