It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often a life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Engineer, Technical Lead Scalability and Solutions Architecture
The position will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software
- Develop and organize cloud systems
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company’s cloud privacy
- Work closely with Legal and Regulatory ensuring alignment with regulatory obligations
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Take on responsibility for timely implementation for assigned projects and activities
- Monitor and test application and cloud infrastructure performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers, network, security, and other appropriate stakeholders to implement potential fixes or improve features or performance
- Interact positively with IT and business stakeholders
- Define and document tasks to ensure the Business Applications operation on the work level including tasks like failover switch and BCP support, client rollout, bug fix deployment, server upgrades, new applications roll-out, features enablement
- Document environments and procedures
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd Level on-call support to assist the SES teams on application or system issues including outside office hours
- Take ownership of resolving assigned tasks, requests, changes and problems
- Closely ensure ITIL standards are followed along with any defined SES processes
- Execute work-related tasks closely collaborating with other team members wherever necessary
- Provide input to the Senior Manager, Business Application for administrative and management tasks
- Ensure that all systems selected or developed comply with prevailing IT Architectural Standards including but not limited to security standards and Information Security policies
- Manage and measure the support for applications and infrastructure during and after implementation including the resolution of all problems associated with their successful operation
- Evaluate application opportunities and threats by new trends and developments in and outside of SES
- Mentor junior team members
- Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art concepts and technologies, and use this knowledge to analyze and maintain systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in IT of which 3 to 5 years’ experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Sound technical understanding of the IT landscape and related technical skills as well as its business applications
- Excellent skill set in Microsoft technologies, Azure and Office 365 is mandatory
- Excellent and proven experience in helping develop and maintain applications focused on task automation
- Proven project management skills to take the lead on smaller change projects
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners
- Excellent team player with the ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization
- Effective analytical abilities
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency, and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!