SES is the world-leading satellite operator. It provides reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. We push for breakthroughs in connectivity and their impact for people worldwide.
This role is an integral part of the operations readiness of O3b mPOWER and subsequent and ongoing Operations group change across SES. The individual will work as part of the project Symphony team (future operations design) to ensure that all operational requirements are gathered and input to the various ongoing system developments across SES. Towards the ‘go live’ of O3b mPOWER the individual will be critical in the operationalising and transition of all new systems and tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Work very closely with the Operations architect and other members of the Project Symphony team and system teams across the mPOWER program to drive a robust set of operational requirements into system design and development.
- Provide, detail and own requirements into various ongoing system developments. This will also include detailed operational use cases for NOC L1/L2 and Operations L3.
- Drive the operations input into the SES system level design.
- Drive the successful completion of operational criteria inside tool and system developments
- Create technical CONOPS documentation around the operational environment
- Collaborate with other functional leaders to ensure a seamless customer experience is understood and delivered across everything that we do.
- Support the training program lead in ensuring the right training material is made available pertaining to all tools and systems.
- Work closely with the enterprise architecture and IT functions to ensure a fully cohesive set of IT services and products are transitioned into operations.
- Sound project management skills
- Strong experience in service fulfilment and assurance in the satellite domain, ideally with a service provider using hybrid solutions
- The ability to lead and influence technical discussions to make sure operational requirements are delivered
- Customer Focus and understanding of customers’ needs, concerns and problems
- Self-motivating with proven ability to deliver on complex and time critical tasks/projects
- Strong leadership skills: ability to inspire and drive the NOC team, with a style that uses influence and does not rely on authority; ability to manage at the same time along a vertical hierarchy teams/people as well as for contract durations, cross-functional (horizontal) project teams
- Ability to compile, interpret and present information on complex and important issues for all pro-jects and programs
- Excellent team player, ability to inspire and drive cross functional / multi-national teams with a style that uses influence and does not rely on authority
- Ability to effectively interact with all organizational stakeholders
- Leadership ability in resource coordination and priority setting
- Excellent analytical sense and ability to synthesize
- Proven experience in anticipating, managing and mitigating risks
- Innovative spirit, business minded and self-starting qualities
- Strategic Perspective, ability to meet both (i) customer demands and (ii) company objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to overcome change resistance
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent experience in, Information Technology, telecommunications and Managed Services.
- Minimum of 10 years of applicable working experiences in building or working within a Telco / Enterprise facing 24*7 NOC operation, including managing multiple services across a global domain
- Experience with VSAT platforms/ P2P / P2MP satellite technologies is a big plus
- Experience with industry monitoring and operational tools which includes strong understanding of technical troubleshooting skills and concepts
- Strong process orientation towards driving world class practices
- Profound understanding of managing multiple customer managed services SLA’s
- Strong project management back ground within a large multinational or Telco
- ITIL certified
- TMForum certification or broad understanding
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
GOOD TO KNOW
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.