Growing Through Innovation
We are looking for a designer / developer of software solutions within the Railway Signalling Business Unit of MER MEC SpA. We are not looking for people who ‘write code’, but we are searching for a ‘problem solvers’, able to provide added value with the proposed solutions, thanks also to ability to abstract himself/herself, with a ‘product-level view’.
He/She knows how analyse a software design/develop complex problem and he/she can easily apply the principles of software engineering to identify the most appropriate solutions, with the best quality standards.
The resource integrates easily within a work group (even mixed) and communicates effectively in various professional contexts. He/she is responsible for
- Drawing up technical project documentation (SW requirement specifications, SW architecture specifications, design detail documents);
- Designing and developing software for embedded platforms and for Windows-based PCs;
- Planning and organizing its activities, providing estimates with respect to the ‘effort’ required to achieve them.
- Degree in Electronic / Computer Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience required in the field of software development.
- Good familiarity with ‘Source Control Management’, ‘Bug Reporting’ and ‘Document Management’ tools. Knowledge of Git, Microsoft Azure DevOps and Microsoft Sharepoint is appreciated.
- Solid knowledge of common development environments (IDE) / programming languages (for example or preferably):Visual Studio (C # .net, Python and C/C ++).
- IAR Workbench Embedded / Eclipse (Language C).
- Knowledge of the most common communication protocols (TCP / IP, UDP, etc.).
- Proven experience in developing complex software projects on embedded platforms (based on microcontrollers and / or embedded PCs).
- Proven experience in developing multi-threaded windows applications (GUI or Console) in C# .net and / or C++ language.
- It is a preferential title:Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) for embedded platforms (uC/OS-II, freeRTOS, etc.).
- Knowledge of ‘Model Based Design’ techniques, using MATLAB Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in the field of railway signalling or railway in general.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system (desktop / embedded / server).
- Knowledge, also minimal, of frontend and backend programming aspects/techniques (in the context of the web application developing).