Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer
SITAEL offers turn-key solutions to its customers, facilitating the access to space services and applications through Smart Microsatellite Solutions. The in-house Design and Production of Small Satellites, the leading position in the Electric Propulsion, the use of cost-effective launchers for Low Earth Orbit missions are some of the ingredients to reduce the costs of access to space. Going through all the phases of mission analysis and budget definition, SITAEL helps its Customers to make the right choices for their applications, always driven by a best value over cost criterion.
In the frame of SITAEL Ground, Operations and User Segments Unit (as part of the Space Systems Department) we are looking for a Flight Dynamics Operations Engineer that will join our future Operation Engineering teams within an important Earth Observation satellite mission contract
- Computation and monitoring of the satellite orbit
- Monitoring and tracking of the status of the satellite
- Prevention of potential collision and avoidance manoeuvres execution
- Configuration of the Mission Plan for command scheduling and request uplink
- Configuration of pre-pass operations
- Support to campaign of satellite launch
- Execution of routine and special operations, including LEOP and de-orbiting
- Management of anomaly
- Definition and preparation of the operator manuals and procedures
TECHNICAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Very good knowledge of satellite sub-systems and operations procedures application and management.
- Relevant working experience in operational mission, orbit determination and control.
- Skills to apply acquired knowledge to develop solutions to technical problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working in an operational environment
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities internal and external to the team
- Well‐organised, able to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel