Growing Through Innovation
In the frame of SITAEL Ground Segment & Operations team (as part of the Satellite & Mission Department) we are looking for a Satellite Operations System Engineer, with at least 5 years of experience in the field of satellite operations engineering, validation and execution, preferably at system level. The Operations System Engineer will be responsible of Operations Design and will be in charge of Operations Management during LEOP/IOT/Nominal operations (SOM- Satellite Operations Manager).
The Satellite Operations Engineer will report to Ground Segment & Operations Responsible.
The Satellite Operations System Engineer, in the role of SOM, will be in charge of:
- Contribution to Satellite Operations Design (specifications, design definition, plan, validation)
- Contribution to the System Validation Plan tests definition and execution
- Definition of commissioning and operations plan (LEOP, IOT, Nominal phase, disposal)
- Organization and preparation of the flight operations manuals (FOM)
- Supporting the operational interface definition between the platform and payload systems and with the ground segment and the Operational Validation System (either SW or HW)
- Producing and maintaining the corresponding operations documentation and flight operational procedures
- Supporting training and validation of the ground segment team
- Coordination in the satellite on-call support and investigating satellite anomalies, with the support of technical team
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in satellite operations design/engineering for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) earth observation missions
- Participation to operational validation, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- Experience with SCOS-2000 based mission control centers
- Experience in managing complex space operations, preferably coordinating a team of S/C controllers, acting as SOM (Satellite Operations Manager)
- Participation in satellite performance monitoring and anomaly analysis and solving
- Experience in the development of a satellite ground segment facility
- Experience with working in a team, he/she shall have good interpersonal, reporting and communication skills and a proactive attitude to problem solving.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.