SITAEL offers turn-key solutions to its customers, facilitating the access to space services and applications through Smart Microsatellite Solutions. The in-house Design and Production of Small Satellites, the leading position in the Electric Propulsion, the use of cost-effective launchers for Low Earth Orbit missions are some of the ingredients to reduce the costs of access to space. Going through all the phases of mission analysis and budget definition, SITAEL helps its Customers to make the right choices for their applications, always driven by a best value over cost criterion.
The Harness Designer will work on power and RF harness design for spacecraft design and verification as part of SITAEL’s Thermo-Mechanical Engineering Team.
He/she will cooperate with the Thermo-Mechanical and Electrical architects for the entire lifecycle of the assigned project by developing the design of the satellite internal and external harness in accordance to the unit and the platform requirements.
The activity shall start with the review of the units Electrical ICD and shall include the selection of required connectors, cables, accessory parts and mechanical supports, up to the final routing of the designed harness within the platform.
The Harness Designer will also support the AIT team in the definition of the platform assembly procedures by providing instruction for the proper handling and installation of the different components of the spacecraft harness.
He/She shall also work on the FLATSAT models’ harness definition, design and routing supporting the Manufacturing and the AIT department.
It will be required to the Harness Designer to support the implementation, within the Thermo-Mechanical Engineering Team tools, of the design rules and common practices required for the proper implementation of the harness design.
- Guide the implementation within the design tools of the harness definition and routing guidelines
- Review and implement the unit and platform Electrical ICDs in the harness design
- Define and implement the required connectors, cable, accessory parts and support in dedicated libraries within the spacecraft product tree
- Provide feedback for the spacecraft design improvement
- Interact with suppliers for the implementation of the needed technological solutions (materials, manufacturing techniques, …)
- Support the Thermo-Mechanical Architect for the preparation of procurement and test specification
- Support the AIT department for the preparation of spacecraft assembly procedures
- Support the AIT department during the integration of the harness
- Support the definition and the design of FLATSAT models
- Prepare the documentation to report performed activities
- Work in accordance with the Thermo-Mechanical Engineering standards and tools
TECHINCAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Aerospace or Electrical Engineering (5y+) Master Degree
- 5+ years or professional experience, preferably in the Aerospace industry
- Good knowledge of Catia V5 tool, including WHX module
- Good knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter PLM tool (or equivalent tool)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Good knowledge of English (B1 or higher)