SITAEL offers turn-key solutions to its customers, facilitating the access to space services and applications through Smart Microsatellite Solutions. The in-house Design and Production of Small Satellites, the leading position in the Electric Propulsion, the use of cost-effective launchers for Low Earth Orbit missions are some of the ingredients to reduce the costs of access to space. Going through all the phases of mission analysis and budget definition, SITAEL helps its Customers to make the right choices for their applications, always driven by a best value over cost criterion.
In the frame of SITAEL Ground, Operations and User Segments Unit (as part of the Space Systems Department) we are looking for a Spacecraft Controller that will join our future Operation Engineering teams within an important Earth Observation satellite mission contract
- Operate the mission control system during launch and commissioning phase
- Monitoring of the satellite resources
- Execute the routine satellite operations procedures
- Support the Spacecraft Operations Manager and the GS team in case of a critical anomaly occurs
- Execute the emergency procedures to ensure spacecraft safety and the continuity of service provision to users
- Assist in configuring and testing the operational system
- Execute Mission Readiness test and System Validation test simulations
- Definition and preparation of the operator manuals and procedures
- Participate to operations-related activities as small system development and procedures development
TECHNICAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- Very good knowledge of satellite sub-systems and operations procedures application.
- Relevant working experience on ground sub-systems (MCS).
- Relevant working experience in mission operations context.
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working in an operational environment
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate activities internal and external to the team
- Well‐organised, able to prioritise and manage several activities in parallel