Sitec a Belcan company.
Senior CS&A Engineer required by our clients project delivery team, working within their Westlakes Science Park facilities in Moor Row, Cumbria.
Start date: Immediate with a standard working week of 37 hours.
Duration: Initially until 21st December 2020.
Rate: Available upon enquiry.
As the appointed Principal Civil, Structural and Architect Engineer you will be a full chartered member of ICE or IStructE with a proven, successful track record in the nuclear sector.
- A working knowledge of construction processes that will include traditional forms of construction and innovative forms. Construction supervision experience would be essential.
- An ability to work with other disciplines in a collaborative way.
- Be able to manage / direct other designers and to be able to check design information such as calculations and reports.
- Be able to assess existing structures / buildings / infrastructure in terms of suitability for their defined purpose.
- Able to check / comment upon temporary works design proposals by others.
- Be comfortable and successfully experienced with client facing roles.
- Should be experienced in working with building contractors and other sub-contractors.
- Have high levels of communication skills.
- Be able to produce structural calculation as may be required.
- Be able to use suitable survey techniques to deliver information as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of provision of underground containment for services.
- Be able to develop proposals to meet client requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of working within the building contract that is being used.
- Provide schedules to detail time and resources to complete tasks.
- Identify risks and be able to produce design risk assessments.
- Be conversant with CDM regulations.
- To have a good understanding of construction methods and related costs.
- To be able to advise on construction programmes.
- Hold a current driving licence.