KUKA ROBOT OPERATOR & PROGRAMMER
Making Space Sustainable
As we drive forward to get our flagship vehicle, XL, into orbit, Skyrora is ramping up its production capabilities to enable us to produce more components in-house. Therefore, Skyrora is seeking a KUKA Robot Operator and Engineer to work at our vehicle manufacturing facility to produce 1st & 2nd stage tanks.
The successful candidate will work closely with the manufacturing team to programme and operate the KUKA arm machining and welding centres. The operator will be involved in the planning of production schedules and maintenance.
The primary products are composite and aluminium structures used for Skyrora’s flagship launch vehicle. The successful candidate will be responsible for programming machining and welding operations within the KUKA system, using SprutCAM and Autodesk. This includes the setup of the machinery, carrying out troubleshooting, advising on fixturing and assisting and advising general maintenance and operations of KUKA systems.
The successful candidate will also have an active input into the composite design process and will recommend changes to machining and welding operations where performance gains can be made.
It is essential that the candidate is meticulous in their work and is always detailed when scrutinising products and assessing the quality of completed parts. They will also have the responsibility of producing the relevant documentation associated with the production process and providing data when requested. In addition to production work, the successful candidate will also play a key part in ensuring the facility’s cleanliness standards are maintained to the highest level. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that all related machinery and associated tooling and parts are properly cleaned and stored at the end of a production cycle.
This is a great opportunity to work in a rapidly growing sector and to be a part of the UK’s leading launch vehicle manufacturer as we continue our journey to orbit.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Develop CNC programs as well as support the design and development of fixturing
- Perform and improve machine set ups
- Troubleshoot machines, process, and cutting tool problems.
- Design, prepare, repair and improves fixtures
- Use CAD/CAM software to program multi-axis milling robot to machine complex composite structures and components
- Translate engineering drawings into reliable R&D and production machining processes
- Select tooling and maintain tool library
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 4+ years of CAM programming experience
- 4+ years of machine shop experience in programming and operating CNC equipment (multi-axis mills)
- 4+ years of experience in CNC programming
- Experience in the composite parts machining
- Knowledge of the programs SprutCAM and Autodesk
- Experience working with KUKA robotic arms
- Valid passport, including right to work in the UK
- Full driving licence is preferred
- Travel to and from sites in Southern Scotland as and when required
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic teamwork-oriented environment
- Must be willing to work outside of normal hours when required in order to ensure critical company deadlines are met
- Must be determined to make a significant contribution to UK Space launch capability