Skyrora is a European launch company building the next generation of rockets to take small satellites into space from the UK. We are aiming to conduct our first orbital launch in June 2022, with several suborbital launches planned before then. We work closely with several academic, industrial and governmental stakeholders to work towards the UK Space Agency’s target of capturing 10% of the global space market by 2030. As part of our corporate development, we are looking to scale-up the team at our Edinburgh Headquarters.
The role involves working with the communications and outreach business team to develop Skyrora’s business and external image. You will be helping to support Skyrora’s external image, press releases, social media, organising upcoming conferences/events and related assignments. You will also be helping to produce video material for marketing purposes and you will help write content for our external communication channels.
The role is office-based (subject to government covid-restrictions), and you may be required to travel. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a friendly and sociable team in an exciting and fast-growing space company.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Working as part of the Business team, you will:
- Support and create social media content and PR campaigns
- Support and create content for our website that correlates with our mission and vision
- Assist in organising conferences, events and helping host events
- Part-take and deliver in general business projects
- Help support Skyrora’s STEM programme
- Monitor news and help create engaging press releases for external use
- Help create promotional marketing campaigns by working closely with our design team
What we are looking for:
- Excellent writing skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Out-going friendly individual that does not mind working on several different projects
- Creative ideas for PR and social media campaigns
- A genuine interest in space
- Some (but not required) marketing and communications experience
- Excellent multi-tasking and people management skills
Benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and vibrant sector
- Friendly and sociable team
- Salary increases with experience/performance
- Frequent social and teambuilding events
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter.