Skyrora designs, manufactures and deploys rockets to clear the way for small satellite manufacturers looking to access Space. Headquartered in Edinburgh, and with facilities across Europe, Skyrora is developing launch vehicle technology to ensure that the life-changing benefits of space are realised here on earth.
Skyrora is a new-space small satellite launch vehicle engineering company, based in Edinburgh. Skyrora’s mission is to provide a versatile and dedicated sovereign launch capability to serve the world-leading satellite manufacturers local to the UK. Leading the UK’s effort to create a sustainable and environmentally friendly launch vehicle, Skyrora combines both world-leading innovative engineering solutions for the construction of its launch vehicles and liquid propulsion technologies. A focus of our technology approach is to minimise the impact on the immediate environment.
Small and micro satellites are being used more and more in everyday life, with manufacturing rate increasing year by year. They assist us by tracking forest fires, providing communications to remote places and capturing high definition images of the Earth, to name a few. There is currently a lack of launch opportunities for them and it is Skyrora’s goal to open this access to space, to unlock the potential for all.
We design and build our launch vehicles in-house and aim to launch from the UK with our Skyrora XL, a 3-stage liquid launch vehicle. We currently have two liquid engine test sites and have already performed 25 liquid engine tests in 2020 alone.
Team working is at our core and we face new challenges every day. Every member of Skyrora’s diverse team demonstrates entrepreneurial flexibility to cooperate and establish sustainable solutions for all the challenges thrown at us; from creating the legal landscape enabling space flight in UK, to societal challenge of fighting global pandemics such as COVID-19, Skyrora is constantly challenging itself.
Why not challenge yourself in trying to get the UK back to space?
- Analysis of functional requirements and development of system specification documents, schematics, system architecture and drawings.
- Evaluation and selection of appropriate hardware components to match the system specifications.
- Assembly of ground station system for Telemetry, Tracking and Command and FTS.
- Functional testing, data acquisition and analysis.
- Support of LV launch and tracking missions, and performance control of the ground segment systems.
- An ideal candidate will have a University Masters degree in engineering, physics or similar applicable discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end ground station systems for missiles, rockets or other aircraft.
- Solid experience in setting up and operating telemetry transceivers.
- Excellent knowledge of characterization of antennas and radio path.
- Demonstrated experience in working with super-high frequencies transmission links.
- Solid IT knowledge including Linux.
- Experience with broadcasting telecommunications systems.
- 10+ years work experience.
- Working in a young and dynamic team that launches UK rockets.
- Competitive salary and pension.
- Getting new skills through training.
- A very exiting work, participating in real rocket launch missions.