The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Gav Martell, will primarily be responsible to prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence. This position will manage and administer inbound and outbound mail. This role will also act as a first point of contact and provide general information to staff, clients, and the public. The Administrative Assistant must possess ability to adapt to new technology and ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, invoices, presentations, publications, and reports
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence
- Answer telephone and electronic inquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Refer and/or redirect calls, emails, or visitors as required
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and executive staff
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Accurately and appropriately file correspondence, invoices, and receipts
- Act as first line contact with vendors or clients regarding billing problems
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Degree or diploma in administration, business, or a related field
- Three years of experience in an administrative role
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
SkyX Systems offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
SkyX Systems is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, SkyX Systems Cor will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
SkyX Systems is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, SkyX Systems Cor will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
SkyX Systems seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). SkyX Systems Cor will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
SkyX Systems strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, SkyX Systems Cor will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, SkyX Systems Cor shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.