SkyX is seeking an experienced quality assurance specialist to build upon this reputation with an unwavering commitment to meticulous production. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with developing a complete QA program that not only safeguards the quality of our products, but also fosters a “quality culture,” in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
Objectives of this Role
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits
- Develop new standards for production and design, with improvements as needed, and create testing protocols for implementation across all service lines
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure company-wide compliance
- Pursue continuing education on new solutions, technology, and skills
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables
- Assist operations and local quality function in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality levels as well as CSR, environmental and health and safety goals/KPIs
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements
- Develop or update company complaint and inspection procedures to ensure capture and investigation, as well as proper documentation of complaints
- Monitor risk-management procedures, and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to management and product development
- Provide training and support to quality assurance team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
- Superb computer competence, including database management
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it
SkyX Systems offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
SkyX Systems is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, SkyX Systems Cor will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
SkyX Systems is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, SkyX Systems Cor will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
SkyX Systems seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). SkyX Systems Cor will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
SkyX Systems strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, SkyX Systems Cor will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, SkyX Systems Cor shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.