Robotics Software Test Engineer
Spatial intelligence for robots & machines
If you’re interested in advancing in the ever growing industry that is robotics, this could be the role for you! We’re looking for a skilled Robotics Software Test Engineer to join our team and help build world class products with us.
- A chance to work in a fascinating industry. Other companies say they’re cutting edge; we’re literally at the forefront of spatial intelligence and robotics.
- Packed with benefits and perks, including remote working, enhanced employer pension contributions, unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi, frequent social events, cash to spend on your home setup, and more.
- Whether you are familiar with robotics or not, this is an opportunity to get hands on with some of the most exciting products on the planet!
The top line
If you’re one to push the limits, then this role could be for you. We’re looking for a Robotics Software Test Engineer to put our technology through its paces, and identify and resolve issues along the way.
As SLAM emerges from the laboratory into real world applications, you’ll ensure the quality, robustness and reliability of our solutions meet the highest of standards for our customers.
The good stuff
- Ideally, you’ll live within commuting distance of our London HQ, but we get that remote working – on an occasional or permanent basis – is here to stay, and we’re very much a hybrid-first company.
- 25 days’ holiday a year plus 8 UK public holidays (or local equivalent) – plus bonus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (UK-based employees only)
- Private health insurance (UK-based employees only)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous professional and personal development budget, including unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi.
- Frequent team social events, free weekly team lunches, snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge at our Borough HQ.
- Your own company card for getting equipment, training, books, snacks, coffee
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup
- Enhanced parental leave
- Testing, verification and quality assurance of our development infrastructure including writing and carrying out tests
- Maintaining and extending the functionality of our CI and build infrastructure
- Identifying, reproducing and where possible resolving bugs and where not ensuring they are escalated appropriately
- Producing technical reports and documentation on the performance of our system and benchmarking against competing solutions
- Managing versioning and release process across multiple customers
- Knowledge of best testing and software engineering practices
- Experience developing in a Linux environment comfortably
- Very good programming skills in Python or other scripting language
- Proficient with git, git workflows and CMake
- Demonstrable experience programing in C++
- Ability to work with both software and hardware (e.g. trouble-shoothing issues with robotic systems)
- Confidently able and willing to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Keen problem solving and communication skills, with the ability to provide tangible examples
- Hands-on experience in robotics (e.g. ROS), or computer machine vision or AR/VR/gaming experience (Unity/Unreal Engine, Android)
- Experience with embedded software development
- Previous experience in DevOps
All about us
We’re a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers. Having raised over $30M in funding from top investors around the world, we’re developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet, working on everything from vacuum cleaning to warehousing and logistics.
There’s loads more info about us on our website. We’d suggest About and Meet the team as your first two stops to learn more about the industry, and what it’s like to work here.
Sound good? If you are interested, just hit Apply Now to get the ball rolling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age