Senior C++ Software Developer in Test
Spatial intelligence for robots & machines
Are you passionate about quality and keen to help us build a world class suite of tools for testing and validation, and establish a career within computer vision, AI and robotics? Apply to join us today as a Senior C++ Software Developer in Test.
- A chance to work in a fascinating industry. Other companies say they’re cutting edge; we’re literally at the forefront of spatial intelligence and robotics.
- Packed with benefits and perks, including remote working, enhanced employer pension contributions, unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi, frequent social events, cash to spend on your home setup, and more.
- Use your refined set of skills to expand our testing and validations capabilities, to ensure our releases are stable and meet our clients high expectations at all times.
The top line
You will be working with our team of world experts in SLAM (simultaneous localisation and mapping), computer vision and software engineering to ensure our SLAM solutions meet the highest standard in terms of quality, robustness and reliability. We are looking for a software engineer with a broad technical stack and attention to detail. No prior experience in robotics, computer vision or AR/VR is required, but you will need to be flexible and comfortable working with code, as well as investigating and resolving issues in the code you may not be familiar with. This position will expose you to a vast amount of high performance software and sophisticated algorithms in the world of spatial intelligence, which brings a broad range of exciting and challenging tasks to work on.
If you would like to better understand what mindset we expect from a Software Developer in Test, please check out this article, though keep in mind we are not affiliated with TestProject, nor are we authors of the article.
The good stuff
- Ideally, you’ll live within commuting distance of our London HQ, but we get that remote working – on an occasional or permanent basis – is here to stay, and we’re very much a hybrid-first company.
- 25 days’ holiday a year plus 8 UK public holidays (or local equivalent) – plus bonus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (UK-based employees only)
- Private health insurance (UK-based employees only)
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing business
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous professional and personal development budget, including unlimited private coaching sessions with More Happi.
- Frequent team social events, free weekly team lunches, snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge at our Borough HQ.
- Your own company card for getting equipment, training, books, snacks, coffee
- £500 to spend on your work from home setup
- Enhanced parental leave
- Developing internal tools and software
- Working closely with other developers and stakeholders on every step of building, testing and releasing our software products
- Designing and implementing testing strategies
- Automating testing, verification and quality assurance, as well as developing necessary infrastructure and framework
- Identifying, reproducing and where possible, resolving bugs; and where not, ensuring they are escalated appropriately
- Producing technical reports and documentation on the performance of our system
- Working closely with robotis and AR/VR software and hardware
- Knowledge of best testing and software engineering practises
- Highly proficient programming skills in C++
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with CI, git and CMake
- Experience in Python programming or other scripting language
- Ablility to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience in the area of robotics, computer vision or AR/VR/gaming (Unity/Unreal Engine, Android)
- Experience with embedded software development
- Previous experience in/exposure to Testing / QA or DevOps
All about us
We’re a London-based startup founded by visual SLAM algorithm pioneers. Having raised over $30M in funding from top investors around the world, we’re developing breakthrough spatial intelligence solutions for next generation robots and autonomous machines. Our customers include some of the biggest tech companies on the planet, working on everything from vacuum cleaning to warehousing and logistics.
There’s loads more info about us on our website. We’d suggest About and Meet the team as your first two stops to learn more about the industry, and what it’s like to work here.
Sound good? If you are interested, just hit Apply Now to get the ball rolling.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.