For our European institutional client, working on the European satellite navigation activities, we are looking for SOC Analyst to provide operational support to the Security Monitoring mission which runs under 24/7 operations.
Tasks and Activities
- Supervising the security and system status of the Galileo system using dedicated GSMC security tools (e.g. memory/disk acquisition tools, network monitoring, IDS, firewalls and log centralisation/correlation software);
- Incident handling of any security alerts raised by the GSMC security tools by following GSMC operational procedures which cover security alert monitoring, incident categorisation and triage, incident response strategy and definition of recovery strategies;
- Operating the GSMC Ticketing System to log and trace the full incident handling process;
- Contributing to the review and refinement of the incident handling processes in order to optimise GSMC incident response capabilities;
- Maintaining the lessons learnt knowledge base following incident closures;
- Supporting the GSA Operational Analysts in developing the information security vision for Galileo system evolutions.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline with 2 years of relevant experience
- Level of knowledge in the use of security tools commonly used in computer incident handling like memory /disk acquisition tools, network monitoring, IDS, firewalls and log centralisation/correlation software;
- Level of experience in the analysis, interpretation and handling of computer and network security related events;
- Personnel certifications on information security (e.g. CISSP or similar syllabus); information security or relevant trainings (e.g. SANS).
- High level of proficiency in the English language (at least C1 level). Knowledge in other European languages will be an asset
- Applicants must currently be citizen of any of the EU countries or already in possession of an EU Secret clearance.