DEIMOS is selecting an experienced software developer to be integrated in the FlightSystems Business Unit.
The work of the Flight Systems Business Unit is oriented to support the design ofspace missions under different domains such as mission and system analysis, GNC/AOCS subsystem design and embedded SW development, for both institutional and commercial customers. Deimos has recently won a number of leading projects in the growing UK launch sector, including a strategic partnership with Orbex, who are developing a launch vehicle to operate from Scotland from 2021.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Leading the development of tools for space launch simulation and visualisation
- Development of advanced visualization systems, including (but not limited to) 3D animations of complex scenarios
- SW specification, design, development and validation
Required: a recognized degree in engineering (software, telecommunication, electrical, aerospace or similar), computer science, physics or mathematics
Relevant postgraduate qualifications will be looked upon favourably.
At least 5 years of professional experience in the domains relevant to the post (i.e. software development in a technical/engineering field, not necessarily the space industry).
Recognised experience in the role of SW architect.
The following skills are required for the post:
- Software engineering methods and techniques
- Requirements analysis
- Software architecture
- Trading off different technical solutions including selection and use of COTS
- simulation and visualisation software and integration of existing tools
- Validation and Verification of engineering software
- User interface programming in Java based on Eclipse RCP
- Linux and Windows operating systems
Other skills that will be considered as asset for the post are:
- Programming languages: Java, C++, PythonLanguage Skills: Good level of English, spoken as well as written
- Team leadership
- Capability to integrate in and work within a team from different geographical locations
- High motivation
- Initiative and autonomy to solve complex problems
- Responsibility towards the customer and team mates