Aerospace Software Engineer
Axient advances defense and civilian missions from aerospace to cyberspace with multi-domain test and analysis, mission engineering and operations, and advanced technologies. We enable our customers to act and respond at mission speed, making customers more capable, decisions more informed, and outcomes more certain.
Axient is seeking an Aerospace Engineer with Software Engineering experience to join our team at our Software Product Development Center in Melbourne, Florida!
You will provide aerospace expertise in support of a responsive software team that designs and develops software solutions for use by NASA, Space Force, the FAA, and various commercial aerospace customers.
These products are used to support the following aspects of Space launch and re-entry: mission planning, real-time telemetry tracking, risk analysis, situational awareness, and autonomous flight termination systems.
As a member of the Development Team, you will:
- Support software development for tool suites that support Flight Safety Analysis for space launch and re-entry operations by providing aerospace knowledge and expertise.
- Support translating customer and system requirements into prototype software design with a test-driven approach.
- Support the design, development, and test of prototype software in all phases of product development utilizing approved lifecycles and operational deployment.
- Efficiently manage project and personal schedule by consistently meeting deadlines.
- Interact with government and commercial teams by mentoring and attending technical reviews.
- Interact with Software, Systems, and Test Engineers to understand/define requirements, design software and system architectures, and generate test procedures.
- Investigate and solve production system issues with a focus on customer service.
- Responsible for quality control of products delivered to the customer by performing thorough requirements analysis, design, and code reviews, and writing unit and system tests.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering with software development experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance upon hire.
- Have knowledge of orbital mechanics, particularly in relation to the launch and re-entry phases, and associated computational techniques.
- Have familiarity with the dynamics associated with gliding and ballistic space vehicle re-entries.
- Have familiarity with 6DoF modeling, ideally in relation to space launch and re-entry vehicle dynamics.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Ability to serve as a project lead and coordinate task coverage to ensure project completion within schedule and budget constraints.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse, technical team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Web Technologies (such as Thymeleaf, jQuery, ReactJS, Electron, Yarn, etc.)
- Experience with Java frameworks and tools including JavaFX, Maven, Spring, JxBrowser, and Hibernate
- Experience working with SQL and/or relational database systems in general
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of software version control tools (git preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment (preferably Scrum)
- Experience with Agile development tools (preferably Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
Must meet applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance or access must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
This company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or click here to reach us by email. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
Axient LLC is a federal government contractor and must comply with applicable COVID safety requirements and protocols under Executive Order 14042.