Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
We are seeking team players of all backgrounds for our Engineering Data Management team. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will bring a software development perspective to aerospace applications of product lifecycle data management (PLM) and related applications. As a Software Engineer, you will automate data management and reporting processes for engineers doing mechanical, electrical, and structural design across all phases of launch vehicle system design, development, testing and operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration; we’re looking for teammates who will be as committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and repeatable spaceflights as we are!
- Support interfaces and integrations to the Windchill PLM system that tracks millions of physical parts in complex nested assemblies.
- Work with customers to understand their needs and translate those into system requirements and designs.
- Evaluate, integrate and extend commercial products using industry standard integration approaches, including REST web services and message queues.
- Fix software problems at multiple levels, including installation, deployment, configuration, server side and client side issues.
- Skill in Java or a similar modern programming language.
- SQL query development in Oracle or similar databases, including query performance tuning.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and communicate to a diverse user base.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development, review, deployment, and support phases of the software product lifecycle.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Our users design for manufacturing, plus operations and safety. Be sure to mention any experience you have in a manufacturing industry.
- We often use Windchill’s REST APIs to integrate with our manufacturing, inventory, and accounting systems. Let us know if you’ve worked with REST APIs or Windchill!
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.