Telespazio VEGA Deutschland has been supporting the European Space Industry for over 30 years, including ESA, DLR, EUMETSAT and CNES.
This position is based in Darmstadt, Germany.
- The Engineer will provide support to the TPZV-D ICT Engineering Team in the delivery of ICT engineering services to multiple clients.
- The work shall include analysis of the requirements; design, integration, validation and documentation of ICT solutions; handover to operations; level 3 support for incidents and problems.
- A university degree in Computer Sciences (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years’ experience as ICT Engineer, in a customer facing role.
- The successful candidate will have strong goal-oriented and planning capabilities, coupled with very good problem-solving skills and a pronounced customer focus.
- Applicants should have strong communication and collaboration skills, be able to work in a diverse team environment and accomplish goals in line with team objectives.
- Experience operating critical IT infrastructure environments, working in mixed operating system and database environments, managing technical service transition, creation and maintenance of support documentation.
- Interesting to learn and dealing with modern technologies.
- Storage solutions, Netapp Cluster Mode and/or 7 Mode, knowledge of type of services (NFS, iSCSI, FCoE, FCP, CIFS), usage of Vservers, data layout management (volumes, LUNs, qtrees etc) and Fabric switches.
- Some years of experience in the operation of NAS storage systems (NetApp)
- Software Defined storage (e.g. CEPH, GlusterFS), experience in the design, configuration of highly available and centralized storage solutions.
- Experience in Storage Area Networks (SAN), middle and enterprise storage arrays serving many different types of client platforms.
- Solid work experience with Linux OS (RHEL, SLES and derivatives), system administration and customization
- Demonstrated ability to have completed complex technical projects.
- Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by level 2 support team.
- An advanced-level command of English and an ability to present output in a clear, concise and understandable way, both orally and in writing
- Pro-active approach and take ownership of problems.
- Ability to manage assigned activities/tasks in line with deadlines.
- Requirements analysis and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Infrastructure
- Conduct research on Storage related products, services and standards in support of development activities.
- ITIL qualified or experience working within an ITIL framework
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (bash, perl, awk and similar)
- Other Backup/Recovery technologies, Veritas Netabackup knowledge will be an asset
- Proposing ideas, participating in designing and implementing of critical IT infrastructure changes.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 30 days holiday, generous training possibilities and Telespazio VEGA Deutschland pension scheme is offered to the successful candidate.
Are you looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then you should send your detailed application preferably online with your availability and salary preferences.