Products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth observation
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth observation.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Earth Observation Systems Team (Systems Department, Ground & Software Division)
where software is developed to build complex cloud based big data processing frameworks. The software framework is primarily used for building systems offering massive systematic and automated data processing to deliver products and services using Earth observation data and other data sources.
The target audiences for the framework are scientific algorithms developers, data analysts and service providers who want to implement process/business workflows, taking advantage of cloud computing.
The candidate will mainly report to Earth Observation Systems Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designing and developing distributed data processing platforms and services
- Applying cloud-based distributed processing and Big Data methods and technologies to develop the framework
- Configuring and deploying application workflows for automated and on-demand satellite data processing
- Setting-up and maintaining Linux-based distributed processing environments
- Contributing to the projects and products technical and end-user documentation
- Participating to the business development activities for the team
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant
- Software programming experience, especially on Web applications and services (preferably with Python/Django, VueJS or React.js, Go)
- A proven experience with the software development lifecycle, including the production of project or products documentation
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as user and administrator
- Knowledge of/Experience with cloud related techniques and tools (e.g. Apache Yarn and Spark, Ansible Playbooks, Docker, Kubernetes, Marathon/Mesos (DC/OS), OpenStack)
- Knowledge of the EU and ESA data exploitation platforms will be considered as an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time employment position.