Our aim is to research and develop innovative systems, solutions and products and provide services to the aerospace and security markets and related industries.
Space Applications Services. Our aim is to research and develop innovative systems, solutions and products and provide services to the aerospace and security markets and related industries. Our activities cover manned and unmanned spacecraft, launch/re-entry vehicles, control centres, robotics and a wide range of information systems.
Software Engineer – Embedded Software
This position is in the Systems Department, in the Avionics & Embedded Systems (AES) Team (comprises of 5 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the AES Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a member of the Avionics & Embedded Systems Team, whose activities cover the complete system and software development lifecycle for a number of projects, the successful candidate will:
- Carry out project work by contributing to the development of software solutions for spacecraft on-board critical functions following engineering standard and best practices
- Develop software specifications, design documents and performance assessments as required by the projects
- Interface with the Costumers as necessary on technical topics
- Support pre-project activities by contributing to the writing of technical proposals and bringing specific knowledge and capabilities to the benefit of the Team
- Provide technical expertise and support to other Teams in the Systems Department as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or equivalent (i.e. Computer Science, Software Engineering) with at least 2 years’ experience in software development, ideally for aerospace applications, healthcare or automotive
- Strong experience in software design and implementation with proven engineering track in:
- Software development methodologies (Waterfall, V Shape, AGILE/SCRUM)
- Formal design methods (i.e. UML, HOOD) and version control tools (i.e. Subversion, GIT)
- Proficiency in embedded C/C++, scripting languages (i.e. Python, Bash)
- Good knowledge of Linux and real-time operating systems for embedded systems (preferably RTEMS, freeRTOS)
- Configuration and implementation of Network and Bus Protocols Stacks (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Mil-1553, CAN, SpW, SpFi)
- The following experience/knowledge will be considered as an asset:
- Typical software architecture and applications in satellite projects or ISS payloads
- Matlab/Simulink, GUI development
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers, SoCs and FPGAs
- Authoring project technical documentation.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.