Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The relevant activity for this position is the development of mission control system for future unmanned and manned spacecrafts.
The position is in the Systems Department, Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team.
The candidate will mainly report to the CDC Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Together with their colleagues, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing:
- Command and control systems for spacecrafts and/or instruments (payloads)
- Mission simulators to train operators, test the spacecraft and ground software and systems
- The open-source Mission Control System “Yamcs” (www.yamcs.org), by providing patches, developing new features and offering support to users.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in design and development of software implemented in Java
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
- Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, VPN, PKI, routing
- Open Sources Server environment
Experience with the following will be considered as an asset:
- Python, Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (e.g. ES6, Angular, React, Redux)
- Designing and developing software implemented in C/C++
- Real-time systems and communication protocols
- System deployment and orchestration tools: Docker, Ansible
- Software models for spacecrafts simulation
- ECSS E-40 standard.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English).