SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE OPERATIONS ENGINEER
The Software Operations Engineer is a general purpose role that touches several technical and functional domains with the primary goal of ensuring entire application ecosystem is performing nominally. It supports a combination of homegrown and third party applications. Software Operations Engineer ensures that SpaceX’s systems are performing optimally and critical issue resolutions are appropriate to our 24/7 rocket manufacturing needs. Software Operations Engineer is both a customer and internal facing operational support role. This role handles a wide variety of issues including (but not limited to) application usability, technical investigations and solution implementation for bugs/incidents, production and test environment configurations, and report enhancements. Another critical part of the role is building automation, tools, and process improvements to reduce overall operational drag for the entire organization.
We hold ourselves highly accountable to keep our systems up and running smoothly and efficiently. This role is very challenging and demands passionate individuals who are comfortable with fast paced environments and driving solutions to unique problems. This is a great position to challenge yourself to build on your foundation of technical skills and functional domain expertise. You will constantly be challenged to work in a space you are not familiar with. If you are mission driven and are ready to work on mission critical systems, this is the team you are looking for.
- Implements small development changes to fix application, report, and infrastructure bugs and enhancements
- Builds and maintains runbook documentation for regularly occurring issues
- Provides end user support relating to usability questions, complex SQL changes, and root cause analysis on bugs
- Provides off hours support for hot issues that must be resolved prior to next business day (must be willing to work on call to respond these critical issues during nights and weekends)
- Provides internal support for infrastructure tasks such as deployment of labs, lab/deployment issue resolution, environment configurations, etc.
- Coordinates and executes production software deployments
- Pitches, drives, develops, and implements process and software improvements to improve overall operational efficiency
- Implements automation or administrative tools to reduce drag on operations for repetitive tasks
- Executes support and software administration for 3rd party software (primarily Teamcenter and NX)
- Performs initial investigations for monitoring alerts and escalates to appropriate software teams when needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or 1 year work experience technically supporting production software in an engineering/manufacturing organization
- 1 year SQL or similar DBMS coding language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience supporting ERP systems
- Experience in design/manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellence in problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management skills to properly set, manage, and meet expectations to ensure quality of solution delivered
- Familiar with Agile development practices
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience maintaining software in a functional and technical capacity
- Ability to write performant SQL queries and diagnose poor performing queries
- High level knowledge of application architecture including concepts of authentication, web server, database servers, task servers, firewalls, monitoring systems, etc.
- Experience using or administrating Teamcenter or NX
- Experience with evaluating and comparing internal and external customer requests to ensure proper prioritization
- Strong focus on continued education and cross-training
- Experience using and administrating JIRA projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.