The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For our biggest client, ESA/ECSAT, we are recruiting a Software Support Engineer for their location in Harwell, UK, to join their Space Segment Section.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for the maintenance and development of software tools for managing a large number (350) of research and development activities over their whole life cycle, including:Development and maintenance of TIA-applications that gather, analyse and present programmatic data associated with research and development activities (contracts);
- Development and maintenance of new software tools according to TIA wide needs;
- Migration of existing applications to a common application environment;
- Development and maintenance of application documentation (including user guides and software development/maintenance documentation);
- User training, including preparation of training materials;
- Resolution of technical issues raised by application users;
- Management of software change requests and software updates in a timely manner with minimal user disruption;
- Provide inputs to management reports;
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures and security directives;
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives;
- Contribute to harmonisation of tools, SW-development and procedure in TIA, actively exchange knowledge with team members and/or other IT professionals in ESA and especially within the TIA domain.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification and experience in software development for business management applications;
- Knowledge and at least five years of practical experience in developing web applications;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including VBA scripting;
- Problem Solving;
- Results Orientation;
- Customer Focus;
- Planning Organisation.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.