Bringing the benefit of space investment to citizens
Volunteers will be based at the SANSA Science Centre in Hermanus.
Two positions for individuals aged 18-35 are available.
This is a one-year contract position (1 December 2021 –30 November 2022).
Stipends will be paid to volunteers according to their qualifications ranging from approximately R4500 for National Diploma NQF Level 6 to R7700 for Ph.D. NQF Level 10.
The volunteers will be required to:
- Assist with School Science Support programs and Science outreach activities
- Contribute to the development of science education material
- Organize and facilitate science and technology awareness events
- Travel for outreach work
- Enthusiastic, hardworking South African citizens
- Degree with the following specialization/disciplines: Mathematical Sciences; Computer Science; Science Education; Physics; Mathematics; Space Science;
- Good communication skills
All travel to Hermanus and relocation costs will be at the candidates’ own expense.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.