Launching Australia to Space
Southern Launch is an innovative space company headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia, providing the infrastructure and operational support for orbital and suborbital launches of satellites and space payloads.
The team is made up of industry experts with a diverse range of experience across space and defence. Through our company’s unique skill set, we also provide a contracting service to design, develop, test, and integrate space launch vehicle ascent guidance algorithms and avionics.
Southern Launch offers two multi-user launch sites located in South Australia; The Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex, located 45km south of the regional city of Port Lincoln, and the Koonibba Test Range, located outside of Ceduna, South Australia.
About the role
As a Model and Simulation Engineer you will be working within a team focused on defining missions, performing flight safety analysis, and supporting launch operations.
The role spans across a range of activities, not limited to –
- Performing rocket and launch vehicle flight safety analysis.
- Statistical analysis of mission and vehicle data, including failure response modes.
- Preparation of range safety templates and documents in support of licence and permit applications.
- Development of MATLAB-based applications for mission and flight safety analysis and launch range operations.
- Onsite support of launch campaigns at the Koonibba Test Range and Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex.
Skills and experience
We are proud of the diversity of experience that exists within the Southern Launch team and will be encouraged by what you can bring to this position. We are initially looking for –
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink.
- Strong understanding of mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge of model-based design and object-oriented principles desirable.
- A collaborative and adaptable approach to project needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work and learn in a fast-paced environment.