Southern Launch provides a location for launching small satellites into Polar Orbit from their Orbital Launch Complex at Whalers Way, and Sub-Orbital launches at our Koonibba Test Range.
One of Australia’s most exciting space companies is hiring!
Southern Launch have an opportunity for a Office Administrator/ Project Administrator. This multi-faceted role will involve working with and assisting the project team, while also supporting the CEO and management team with ad hoc office administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Management Team to ensure smooth business operations across the company. We are looking for a dynamic individual, a lateral thinker and someone who can work autonomously when required. This role would perfectly suit an individual who has worked in a start-up environment in the past.
To support the dynamic demands of a small but growing business, you are a polite and meticulous communicator when under time pressure and/or when dealing with complex issues.
- Proactively assist the Management and Project Team by providing professional administration support
- Answer telephone calls and attend to emails in an efficient, friendly and professional manner
- Manage the company bookkeeping, raise purchase orders and process invoices and expense claims
- Draft and format documentation such as project docs, job descriptions, promotional materials
- Responsible for logistics of meetings including catering, room bookings, IT/AV equipment
- Attend and take minutes of board meetings
- Arrange domestic and international travel for personnel
- Occasional travel to launch facilities in support of launch campaigns
- Ordering of office supplies and general administrative duties
- Experience performing administrative duties in an office environment
- Experience working within a project team
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Experience with accounting software such as Xero and Xero Projects
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge
- Experience working with project budgets, tracking etc.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Possess initiative and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, NV1 or higher Australian Government Security Clearance.
Please ensure your application includes a cover letter stating why you think you’ll be a good fit for Southern Launch and why you want to work in the space industry