Civil Project Engineer
Southern Launch is an innovative space company headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia, providing the infrastructure and operational support for orbital and suborbital launches of rockets, satellites, and space payloads.
We offer two multi-user launch sites located in South Australia; The Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex, located 45km south of Port Lincoln, and the Koonibba Test Range, located outside of Ceduna.
2023 presents us with an exciting opportunity to grow our team. To do that, we are seeking interest from any Civil Project Engineers with a passion for space and some unique infrastructure projects.
As a Civil Project Engineer with Southern Launch, you will be based in Port Lincoln, and responsible for the end-to-end management of two major infrastructure projects at our multi-user launch locations. The combined value of both projects is approximately 60 million AUD.
The skills and experience we are currently looking for are:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction Management, or similar;
- Civil industry experience in design, construction, or client-side engineering/project delivery;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Hands-on contract administration skill set to support on-time and on-budget project delivery;
- A track record of implementing and managing safe systems of work across all scopes of responsibility;
- Demonstrated experience in managing bulk earth or road construction projects (desirable).
The nature of this position requires you to hold and maintain a valid Australian Defence Security Clearance. Southern Launch is an approved sponsoring entity that requires employees to access Australian Government sensitive or classified information. For more information: https://www.defence.gov.au/security/clearances/about/vetting-assessment
If you are someone with a passion for space and have the desire to work in a team pioneering industry best practices, please apply now.