We are a satellite programme and systems engineering bureau. Our programme management and systems engineering expertise specialise in adding value to satellite programmes through facilitating solutions for customers on missions, systems and sub-system levels.
Job summary (Purpose of the job):
Define, Build and Test software as part of an agile team working on the Square Kilometer Array project.
B.Eng or B.Sc Comp. Sci. (minimum). Masters Degree preferred.
At least 5 years software development experience in a science and engineering context (required). Preferably in high performance computing (HPC), data intensive computing or Radio Astronomy
The following skills are required:
- Python 3 (working collaboratively, according to PEP 8 style guide)
- Experience with distributed version control (specifically: git)
- Working in an agile team using agile tools
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience or academic background in Radio Astronomy or
- Experience with Python packages including SciPy, NumPy, Dask
- Test driven development using Continuous Integration systems
- Other programming languages (e.g. Java, C++)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms (like OpenStack)
- Risk Analysis, including FMEA.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team members (incl Product Owner) to create and refine Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Participate in creating iteration plans and team objectives and committing to these team objectives and plans.
- Working with the Product Owner in the team to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Software development using Python or other languages as necessary.
- Conducting research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities.
- Checking new code into the SKA/SDP source code repository.
- Creating unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
- Executing acceptance tests and maintaining the test cases in the SKA/SDP repository.
- Continuous improvement of the team’s process.
Desired behavioural attributes:
- Ability to see the big picture, yet get into the details
- Intellectual curiosity – ability and desire to learn new things
- Ability to make system-wide connections
- Strong team member and leader
- Comfortable with uncertainty and unknowns
- Proper paranoia – expect the best, plan for the worst
- Self-confidence and decisiveness (short of arrogance)
- Appreciation for process – rigor and knowing when to stop
- Diverse technical skills – ability to apply sound technical judgement
- Comfortable with change
- Good two-way communication
Kindly send all CV’s to email@example.com