Our aim is to research and develop innovative systems, solutions and products and provide services to the aerospace and security markets and related industries. Our activities cover manned and unmanned spacecraft, launch/re-entry vehicles, control centres, robotics and a wide range of information systems.
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth observation.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area) and responsible for providing administrative and HR support to the External Staff, located in different European countries.
The position is in the Administration Department.
The candidate will mainly report to the Administration Department Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting the recruitment of External Staff (following-up the received requests, preparing/publishing the job adverts)
- Ensuring administrative follow-up regarding the on-/off-boarding of External Staff, as well as their trainings
- Dealing with HR related matters for External Staff (i.e. CV’s formatting, timesheets, allowances, insurances, spreadsheets)
- Being the first point of contact for all general requests from External Staff
- Making travel bookings and verifying the associated expense claims of External Staff
- Gathering and verifying report data from External Staff and subcontractors
- Integrating, finalising and distributing contract reports covering mission cost and work progress (monthly and quarterly) from External Staff and subcontractors
- Updating lists, procedures and manuals related to the External Staff, in line with the Company standards
- Updating our intranet content related to the External Staff information
- Providing support in logistics with respect to external events (e.g. van rental, travel arrangement, packing, etc.)
- Providing support to the Administration Department Manager, when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Ability to process and apply numerical information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel)
- At least 3 years of proven experience in an administrative role that requires:
- A structured and organised way of working
- Strong coordination skills
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written).
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A keen eye for detail
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English).