Discover the near future and build it with us.
The position is in the Systems Department, Ground and Software Systems Division, in the Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team (comprises of 8 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the CDC Team Lead.
The initial assignment is the development of mission planning software for the European Space Agency (ESA). Experiments and activities in the International Space Stations (ISS) have to be designed carefully, taking into account the specific mission and resources constraints (including the astronauts’ availabilities). In addition, ESA and International Partners have to coordinate their plans constantly to avoid scheduling or resource conflicts.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing the software using an agile method
- Interacting with our ESA end-users for requirements elicitation and with customers for software support
- Analyzing and designing components
- Building connectivity between internal and external systems
- Writing documentation
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the design and development of modern web stacks and/or Python
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong skills with single page application development, REST and front-end large architectures
- Experience with common front-end development tool (e.g. Babel, Webpack, NPM)
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle, including Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proven experience with Python, Django framework, development of enterprise software, modern frontend programming (especially ES6, React, Redux)
- Thorough with testing and code quality
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Experience with FullStack Development, Python, Django, Java
- Fluency with relational database and SQL
- Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator:
- Good understanding of IP networks, firewall, routing
- Open Sources Server environment
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesize, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to write high-quality software project documentation in English
- Excellent written and spoken English
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.