System Engineer – Spaceflight System Development (M/F)
Space Applications Services is a company at the forefront of space technology development and the provision of services for human spaceflight, exploration and earth observation missions.
Headquartered in Belgium (Brussels Area), with a research office in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in the USA, the company provides solutions for both commercial and institutional customers. We work with clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission, governmental and national space agencies as well as the major space industries.
The company develops payloads, avionics, robotics technology and products, and provides complete mission operations control centre solutions to EN9100 standards. The company also provides engineering, science and training services, including astronaut training. From our headquarters, we are in daily contact with the International Space Station (ISS) ensuring our Customers’ research is successful.
We are looking for a System Engineer to be responsible for the development and qualification of a spaceflight system management.
The position is in the Systems Department, Flight Systems Division (comprised of 11 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the Flight System Division Manager.
Start date: at the earliest
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and support activities for flight system MAIT and qualification
- MAIT management of ground support test equipment, ground models and flight models
- Assess safety aspects in human spaceflight environment
- Design and verify system requirements
- Design systems and control interface (mechanical, electrical, electronics, software)
- Subsystems selection, procurement and qualification
- Manage a multidisciplinary team
- Liaise with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in space systems, mechanical or electrical/electronics engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in/with:
- System engineering
- Full development cycle (from requirements engineering to testing campaign)
- Mechanics and electronics for flight system hardware
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Considered as Assets
- Project management and liaise with customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Space system development and verification processes and standards (i.e. ECSS and NTSS)
- Space system testing, verification and/or qualification campaign
- Human spaceflight specific programmes.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions
- An individualised training and development programme.
How To Apply
Send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) to the attention of Mr. Michel Ilzkovitz.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.