To research and develop innovative systems, solutions & products
We are looking for a Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer who will provide expertise in Electrical/Electronics hardware design and knowledge of data communication equipment, PCB tools and FPGAs, SoC and IP cores. The successful candidate will also provide general supervision and guidance to junior engineers.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, Avionics & Embedded Systems Team (comprised of 6 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the Avionics & Embedded Systems Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Electrical and electronics design of spacecraft payload
- Technical specification of electronics subsystems
- Design of PCBs according to ECSS and/or IPC Class 3, including analysis and simulation
- Selection, procurement and qualification of COTS/HiRel electronics subsystems, EEE parts and PCB assemblies
- Preparation and performance of electrical testing campaign (e.g. functional, performance, EMC, ESD)
- Assessment of system reliability, failure modes and safety
- Collaboration across teams and mentorship of junior engineers in areas of expertise.
Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in electronics or relevant discipline
- Strong technical experience with at least 6 years in electrical/electronics engineering
- Experience in leading or mentoring peers and junior engineers
- Deep knowledge of/experience with:
- Electrical/electronics hardware design and analysis
- Networking protocols and data communication equipment (e.g. switches, routers, 802.3, TTE)
- PCB design tools (e.g. Altium Designer), impedance matching (e.g. microstrip, stripline), signal propagation delay, parasitics definition, crosstalk minimisation
- FPGAs, SoC and IP Cores (preferably in space industry)
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The following experience would be considered as an asset:
- Payload development for ISS
- Embedded systems (microcontroller and FPGA based), ECSS and/or IPC class 3 standards related to electrical and electronics systems design, manufacturing and testing
- Radiation SEU testing and FPGA circuit redundancy solutions (spatial, temporal redundancy etc.)
- Development of VHDL/Verilog for FPGAs and integrating IP cores in FPGA design.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions
- An individualised training and development programme.