To research and develop innovative systems, solutions & products
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Avionics & Embedded Systems Team, whose activities cover the complete system and software development lifecycle for a number of projects.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Systems Department, Avionics & Embedded Systems (AES) Team (comprised of 6 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the AES Team Lead.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out project work in contributing to the development of software solutions for spacecraft onboard critical functions, following engineering standard and best practices
- Develop software specifications, design documents and performance assessments as required by the projects
- Interface with the Customers for technical matters
- Support pre-project activities in contributing to the writing of technical proposals and bringing his specific knowledge and capabilities to the benefit of the team
- Provide technical expertise and support to other teams in the Systems Department.
Skills and Experience
- A University degree or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, or relevant
- At least 2 years of experience in software development, ideally for aerospace applications, healthcare or automotive
- Strong experience in software design and implementation with proven engineering track in:
- Software development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, V Shape, AGILE/SCRUM)
- Formal design methods (i.e. UML, HOOD) and version control tools (i.e. Subversion, GIT)
- Demonstrated experience in/knowledge of:
- Embedded C/C++, scripting languages (i.e. Python, Bash)
- Linux and real-time operating systems for embedded systems (preferably RTEMS, freeRTOS)
- Configuration and implementation of Network and Bus Protocols Stacks (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Mil-1553, CAN, SpaceWire, Space-Fiber)
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The following experience/knowledge will be considered as an asset:
- Typical software architecture and applications in satellite projects or ISS payloads
- Matlab/Simulink, GUI development
- Microprocessors, microcontrollers, SoCs and FPGAs
- Authoring project technical documentation.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions (see our website for details)
- A position with responsibilities for growth and development.