The successful candidate will be based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
The position is in the Strategic Business Unit Department, International Commercial Experiment Cubes Service (ICE Cubes) Strategic Business Unit (comprised of 5 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the ICE Cubes Business Unit Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- System engineering of payload infrastructures/facilities directly developed in the frame of the ICE Cubes Service
- Requirements engineering and verification
- System design and interface control (mechanical, electrical, electronics, software)
- COTS subsystem selection, procurement and qualification
- Assessment of safety aspects in the human spaceflight environment
- Support to assembly, integrating, validating and testing payloads and flight hardware, GSE and ground models
- Technical coordination of customers in the process of development and certification of payloads for the platforms served by the ICE Cubes Service
- Set up of the technical framework (documentation, processes, etc.) related to the extension of the ICE
- Cubes service to new platforms (e.g. external ISS platforms, free flyers, CubeSats)
- Interface with suppliers, subcontractors and customers and platforms organizations.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in space systems, mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering, or similar
- Knowledge of the ISS environment for payloads,
- ISS boundary conditions and Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) procedures
- Experience with full development cycle (from requirements engineering to campaign testing)
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Knowledge of project management
- Familiarity with the ISS operations environment
- Experience with:
- CAD tools in support of configuration studies
- Flight system/payload hardware development for human spaceflight, involving mechanics and electronics Space system development and verification processes (e.g. NASA, ECSS, ESA-HRE-IPL-RQ-0002)
- Space system testing, verification and qualification
- Biotechnology and/or fluids management.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions
- An individualized training and development programmes.