Caring about space experts like you for more than 35 years. Matchmaking the best candidates for engineering, scientific and administrative positions at our customers. Investing in you to support the development of the European space industry. This is HE Space.
HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Space Debris Engineer to support our customer in Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Support to space mission operations on Space Debris related matters;
- Running ESA Space Debris related analysis using software tools (e.g. DRAMA, Scarab, Snappshot);
- Contribute towards studies and research into Space Debris related subjects;
- System and Software Engineering support to the ESA Space Debris Office;
- Routine operation of ESA’s conjunction event prediction system;
- Detailed analysis and consultancy in the case of a high-risk conjunction events;
- Contribute to the evolution and upgrade of ESA’s DISCOS database system;
- Production of documentation (e.g. Technical Notes, software and system documentation);
- Space Debris related support to outreach activities;
- Provide Space Debris expertise on-call support and pre-arranged shift work outside normal working hours during LEOPs.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
- University degree in astronomy, mathematics, engineering, physics or relevant discipline;
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software (using at least Linux scripting languages, Fortran, C++, Python);
- Ability to coordinate and interact with other service providers in associated fields as well as (internal and external) customers of services provided by the Space Debris Office;
- Previous experience with Space Debris tasks;
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration;
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, working on multiple activities, multiple missions simultaneously;
- Experience in dealing with external interfaces;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
We welcome applicants who are available from May 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
If you think you have what it takes for this job, please send your CV together with a letter of motivation (both in English and in Word) quoting job DE-HP-4253.
An exciting and dynamic international working environment awaits you!