Elecnor Deimos participates in the majority of ESA programmes, providing systems engineering, ground segment, mission analysis and design and onboard software solutions, as well as satellite integration, in the fields of Science and Exploration, Satellite Navigation, Earth Observation, Space Situational Awareness, and Launchers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, innovative, employee-centred business in the space industry.
We are looking for motivated engineers that want to start their professional career in a challenging domain such the aerospace sector.
Space Software Developer Trainee (PDGS)
The selected candidate will join our Earth Observation Payload Data Ground Segment team in charge of developing and evolve products that compose the payload data ground segment for satellite missions such as Archives, Catalogues, Processing Infrastructures, Calibration and Validation, among others.
Trainee will have a supervisor, who is responsible for his/her continuous development, by providing them meaningful tasks and respective support, and involving them in different projects.
Our aim is that the Trainee gets a comprehensive insight into the projects and technologies used by the team he/she integrates.
- Learn the particular needs of spacecraft payload data ground software developments and the required standards
- Participate in the development, evolutions and testing of product elements composing the DEIMOS Earth Observation Ground Segment that are used in several satellite missions
- Participate in the product or team meetings
Education: Degree in Computer Science or related area
No professional experience required
- Good programing skills with Object Oriented design
- Experience using Linux as the OS development environment
- Familiar with web services technologies such with experience developing backend and front-end solutions
- Experience using versioning control tools such GIT and continuous integration
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience in big data technologies such as Map Reduce, nosql database
- Experience with distributed and scalable architectures
Language skills: English B2 (very good level, writing, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills (English)
- Capability of team working
- Interested in the aerospace sector