SPACEBEL IS A BELGIAN SPACE SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE ENGINEERING SME
Aiming to develop satellite mission and control centers, our Department is looking for a Ground Segment System Engineer. This vacant position is located in our office in Hoeilaart (around Brussels) where a young and dynamic team is working in a serene atmosphere that fosters exchanges and ensures respect of the Human being.
As foretaste of the job content in the context of mission and control centers development, here are some of the concrete tasks to be performed:
- Define ground segment specifications, analyze interfaces including with flight elements.
- Participate to the ground segment definition and design.
- Define integration and validation plans at system level.
- Drive tradeoffs analysis and propose technical choices.
- Collaborate with our customers to find the perfect solution(s) to their need(s).
- Interact with space agencies, customers and sub-contractors in exciting space projects.
- Iterate with the software development team.
- Master’s degree in one of the following fields: Aerospace Engineering, computer science, Physics Engineering or related field.
- At least between 5 and 10 years of experience in system and/or software engineering in a similar technical environment. A few years of experience in project management is also an advantage.
- Good knowledge of some related key technical domains to ground segment (e.g. Monitoring and control, ground stations, EGSE, planning, PUS, satellite operations, data cataloguing and distribution.
- Knowledge and experience with a number of the ground segment applicable IT programming languages or technologies such as Python, Java, Micro-services architecture, Cloud technology.
- Knowledge of ESA Engineering and Quality Standards.
- An experience in space mission ground systems is a real asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong motivation for computer science and the space sector.
- Versatility and creative mindset to identify technical solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
- Team player and communicative.
- Eager to learn to grow your development skill levels.
- Rigorous and concerned by the quality of the output delivered.
- A permanent contract in a professional and stimulating environment (space sector);
- An attractive and complete compensation package in line with your profile and experience;
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects using the latest technology;
- A company that really shows interest in its collaborators;