Lynk is a space communications venture with a novel idea for a constellation of nanosatellites dedicated to telecommunications services.
Lynk is a space communications venture with a novel idea for a constellation of nanosatellites dedicated to telecommunications services. Founded by experienced commercial space entrepreneurs, the company is looking for Spacecraft Technicians who can support the company’s efforts to design, build, and test cell towers in orbit.
- Lynk is looking for an experienced Spacecraft Technician to support the development, fabrication, integration, and testing of our ground and flight systems.
- We build spacecraft fast so the perfect candidate for this role will have significant previous experience fabricating, assembling, and testing spacecraft particularly on rapid timelines. We are looking for people that enjoy a challenge and have a track record of creative thinking to solve unconventional problems.
- The Spacecraft Technician will perform a variety of electrical and/or mechanical fabrication and assembly tasks on ground and flight systems in a rapid pace development environment where documentation and guidance may be limited. This includes:
- Constructing wiring harnesses and other cables requiring soldering from schematics, drawings, and oral instructions
- Fabricating and constructing mechanical assemblies from drawings and oral instructions
- Performing electrical or mechanical modifications, rework, and quality testing
- Performing component level environmental testing (thermal, vacuum, vibe), capturing power profiles, and performing other testing in lab to screen components for use in flight
- Supporting assembly and environmental testing of spacecraft
- Maintaining test equipment (spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.), fabrication equipment (3D printers, laser cutters, machine tools, etc.) and related component/supply stocks
- High school diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree
- At least 5 years of experience performing assigned related technical tasks
- Demonstrated ability to use standard electronic assembly tools and materials
- Demonstrated ability to perform soldering to standards required for spacecraft flight hardware
- Demonstrated ability to use standard fabrication equipment such as 3D printers and machine tools
- Demonstrated ability to use standard electronic and environmental test equipment