Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data.
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
Spacecraft Thermal and Structures Sr Manager
In this position, you will have to direct both Thermal and Structures teams. Among your main responsibilities, you will assist with developing and prioritizing the roadmap of the teams – both as a service for the rest of the Bus and Payload, but also for the development of the subsystems’ product technology and the means to do it. You will have to understand the existing issues and predict the ones that are hidden, see ahead and develop the team’s capabilities and resources in the required dimensions – not only for design unit satellites but also to ensure continued mass production.
In this role, you will:
- Define and track the technology roadmap for the Structures and Thermal teams – concurrently with its lead systems engineers – according to the current and future satellite designs.
- Develop the capabilities of the Structures and Thermal teams in the dimensions appointed by the technology roadmap.
- Develop the team’s capabilities and appropriate facilities for efficient and timely hardware design and testing, from thermal modelling and TVAC matching to on-orbit instrumentation, as well as static and dynamic analysis based on launches environmental vibration and on-orbit operations, coupled load simulations and shaker testing.
- Support Structures and Thermal teams on design or AIT definitions out of feedback to design processes or manufacturing deviations.
- Support Structures and Thermal teams on their supply chain development and qualification of vendors.
- Support Structures and Thermal with their work processes and products – mass, CG position, inertia, volume, components layout, thermal environment defined by the mission, etc.
What we require
- 5+ years of experience in multidisciplinary team management.
- Relevant industry experience overseeing thermal and structural space systems design, from mission requirements analysis and concept development to AIT processes and on-orbit validations.
- University degree or equivalent qualifications in aerospace or mechanical engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of thermal space systems and state-of-the-art developments as well as technical knowledge of thermal hardware.
Working knowledge of CATIA, NX, Femap, MATLAB, and Python.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Preferably based – or available to spend considerable amounts of time – in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Language: Fluent in English and Spanish
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.