We're your ride to space.
Spaceflight is revolutionizing the business of space transportation through its comprehensive and innovative suite of rideshare launch and mission management services. The company offers state-of-the-art satellite integration capabilities, including flight and ground support hardware, licensing and logistics management, and mission expertise to support each customer’s specific mission needs. Spaceflight’s diverse portfolio of launch partners across the globe enables the company to offer routine launch options and unprecedented launch flexibility. Based in Seattle, Spaceflight has successfully launched hundreds of satellites and is a part of the Mitsui & Co., Ltd. portfolio, operating as an independent, U.S.-based company. For more information, visit http://www.spaceflight.com.
- Direct and develop Spaceflight Launch Engineering to successfully fulfill launch mission portfolio objectives.
- Serve as the organizational technical architect by owning project technical baselines and decision-making, working within program cost and schedule constraints.
- Provide organizational leadership for the engineering disciplines required to develop complex orbital vehicles.
- Implement and maintain multi-functional engineering practices to support business priorities and promote efficient resource usage, while supporting the delivery of high-quality products.
- Actively participate in talent management to attract, retain, grow, and develop technical staff. Identify and validate staffing needs, establish, and monitor employee technical and non-technical growth plans, and implement efficient on-boarding practices.
- Work closely with other business development and service operations to align methods and processes.
- Support the development of strategy to advance department capabilities in line with medium to long range business objectives and identify open business opportunities based on engineering department expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering.
- 3+ years of experience supporting development of spacecraft or orbital transfer vehicles or upper stages and spacecraft subsystems.
- Experience with employee management, leading a multi-disciplinary team within an engineering organization that has delivered a final product.
- Demonstrated ability as a technical authority in at least one area within electrical, mechanical,
- A firm grasp of the role that engineering plays in business execution, and the relationship between technical considerations, quality, cost, and schedule.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization form the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
- Master’s degree in engineering or science.
- 10+ years of experience supporting development of spacecraft or orbital transfer vehicles or upper stages and subsystems, particularly avionics, attitude determination and control suites, power systems, etc.
Spaceflight, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace