We're your ride to space.
Spaceflight is revolutionizing the business of space transportation through its comprehensive and innovative suite of rideshare launch and mission management services. The company offers state-of-the-art satellite integration capabilities, including flight and ground support hardware, licensing and logistics management, and mission expertise to support each customer’s specific mission needs. Spaceflight’s diverse portfolio of launch partners across the globe enables the company to offer routine launch options and unprecedented launch flexibility. Based in Seattle, Spaceflight has successfully launched hundreds of satellites and is a part of the Mitsui & Co., Ltd. portfolio, operating as an independent, U.S.-based company. For more information, visit http://www.spaceflight.com.
Spaceflight is looking for an experienced project manager to join our mission management team. We provide customer access to space by manifesting spacecraft on multiple launch vehicles worldwide. We adapt our missions to best support the ever-evolving new space industry and its many launch vehicles and customers. Our missions range from a single spacecraft on a single vehicle to upwards of dozens of spacecraft on a Spaceflight-developed integrated payload stack.
A Mission Manager is responsible for serving Spaceflight’s customers from when they first contract with Spaceflight until their spacecraft is successfully delivered into orbit. The position requires a broad technical foundation, strong project management skills, and the ability to manage individuals and teams. Spaceflight is rapidly expanding, and we require experienced, motivated, creative, and energetic individuals who enjoy working in dynamic environments.
- Be the face of Spaceflight to customers ensuring mission success and customer satisfaction
- Develop and manage multiple project timelines ensuring projects stay on schedule
- Manage mission budgets to achieve company margin targets
- Manage mission risks, addressing each risk through mitigation, acceptance, or transfer as appropriate
- Solicit, distribute, and manage requirements from multiple stakeholders such as launch vehicle owners and vendors
- Work with the Engineering team to define and procure hardware to support spacecraft integration
- Support in-person customer meetings and launch site integration activities
- Travel 10 – 40% of the time depending on mission period and customer location (Spaceflight honors preferences for travel as much as possible)
- Collaborate with engineering teams to evaluate customer deliverables to ensure customer spacecraft will do no harm to other rideshare customers
- Present mission status to Program Managers and Executive staff as required
- Negotiate technical trades, and customer waiver requests as required
- Collaborate to continuously develop and improve Spaceflight’s mission management program and processes
- Question “the way it’s always been done” proposing improvements or status quo as appropriate
- Engage in ongoing learning as required to fulfill Spaceflight’s needs
- Be a team player, leading and mentoring team members as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting customers in the space industry
- Experience with spacecraft build, manufacture, and test
- Experience with commercial launch vehicle providers
- Must be a motivated self-starter
- Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder) due to government regulation of the space industry
Spaceflight, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace