We're your ride to space.
Spaceflight is revolutionizing the business of space transportation through its comprehensive and innovative suite of rideshare launch and mission management services. The company offers state-of-the-art satellite integration capabilities, including flight and ground support hardware, licensing and logistics management, and mission expertise to support each customer’s specific mission needs. Spaceflight’s diverse portfolio of launch partners across the globe enables the company to offer routine launch options and unprecedented launch flexibility. Based in Seattle, Spaceflight has successfully launched hundreds of satellites and is a part of the Mitsui & Co., Ltd. portfolio, operating as an independent, U.S.-based company.
Spaceflight, Inc. is looking for a hands-on technical project engineer to help develop the next generation orbital transfer vehicles (OTVs) as part of the Sherpa-NG program. This includes working with internal and external teams on new designs to meet mission objectives and coordinating on-orbit activities. OTVs along with custom flight structures, and sequencers are a few of the products Spaceflight is actively developing and producing to support the expanding needs of the small satellite community. This person would have a strong background as a propulsion engineer for chemical or electric rocket engines, experience working with in-space systems is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, positive, and dedicated individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Spaceflight seeks team members that act with high integrity, are willing to serve wherever they are needed, and are dedicated to continual learning and improvement.
- Manage the development and production of new propulsion system hardware development for orbital transfer vehicles to meet customer and/or mission objectives.
- Analyzing and reviewing propulsion system data from component testing, system testing, and on-orbit operation.
- Support the development of specifications, requirements, and management of interfaces between internal and external design teams.
- Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints that can be derived from customer contracts or statements-of-work.
- Monitor technical progress, requirements, budget, schedule, deliverables and risks and review recommendations for change with program management.
- Work with vendors to ensure hardware meets requirements and is delivered on time.
- B.S. in engineering with program or project management experience
- Demonstrated technical experience as propulsion engineer for chemical and/or electric rocket engines
- Must have experience working with vendors
- 5+ years in engineering discipline
- Excellent attention to detail, task planning, oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person
- Technical project management experience
- Experience designing and/or testing in-space propulsion systems
- Possess strong team inter-team cooperation and organization skills
- Experience with CREO, Windchill, Confluence, Jira, Jama
- Experience with building and maintaining integrated schedules, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes