We're your ride to space.
Spaceflight is revolutionizing the business of space transportation through its comprehensive and innovative suite of rideshare launch and mission management services. The company offers state-of-the-art satellite integration capabilities, including flight and ground support hardware, licensing and logistics management, and mission expertise to support each customer’s specific mission needs. Spaceflight’s diverse portfolio of launch partners across the globe enables the company to offer routine launch options and unprecedented launch flexibility. Based in Seattle, Spaceflight has successfully launched hundreds of satellites and is a part of the Mitsui & Co., Ltd. portfolio, operating as an independent, U.S.-based company. For more information, visit http://www.spaceflight.com.
Spaceflight, Inc. is looking for a hands-on structural engineer/analyst with a strong background with a multidisciplinary team to analyze vehicle configurations and component designs for mission performance, reliability, mass, and cost. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of static and dynamic analysis of primary and secondary structural design as well as development of analysis processes. Spaceflight is actively developing and producing custom flight structures, sequencers, orbital transfer vehicles, and many other unique systems to support the expanding needs of the small satellite community. This position will make an immediate impact in a small, fast paced engineering environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, positive, and dedicated individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Spaceflight seeks team members that act with high integrity, are willing to serve wherever they are needed, and are dedicated to continual learning and improvement.
- Primary and secondary structure analysis for spacecraft and subsystems
- Analysis methods include quasi-static, random vibration, and sine
- Interact with customer and suppliers to compile, create, and distribute structural solutions for spacecraft and structural support assemblies
- Create and combine multiple customer finite element models into aggregate models
- Communicate analysis results internally and externally, and provide guidance to design engineers
- B.S. in engineering
- Must have structural analysis experience with spacecraft systems
- 3+ years analysis experience in structural analysis of spacecraft utilizing a mixture of numerical and analytical techniques
- Proficiency performing structural analysis of complex metallic structures, at wide varying boundary conditions including microgravity
- Experience with environmental testing, including test procedure development, test execution, and post-test data reduction
- Ability to perform structural static and dynamic modeling tests, define test instrumentation requirements and data acquisition, and perform post-test data assessment
- Proficiency with NASTRAN and FEMAP
- Excellent attention to detail, task planning, oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person
- Possess strong team inter-team cooperation and organization skills
- Use of commercial or open-source software tools such as Python and/or MATLAB preferred
- Technical background and/or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Linear and nonlinear analysis
- Coupled loads analysis of dynamics problems involving aerospace systems
- Derivation of dynamic and static environments from analysis or test
Spaceflight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.