Unlocking the Power of Data from Space
SpaceKnow provides transparency to global changes and trends by combining the world’s largest collection of satellite imagery with a proprietary artificial intelligence engine. Our vision is to index the physical world and empower users with near-realtime large-scale analysis to drive decision making.
The main engineering task in SpaceKnow is developing and operating a Kubernetes-native highly scalable analytics platform.
If you are interested in designing and operating highly available Kubernetes clusters, you pride yourself in having robust monitoring and logging set-up in your clusters and you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with low level issues. Join a team of motivated engineers working on cutting edge solutions that (literally) influence the world.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Gelping us create easy-to-deploy and easy-to-operate Kubernetes clusters (either on premises or in a public cloud environment)
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines
- Helping with other system design challenges we face
Must have skills:
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes (being able to deploy a whole cluster with all support services – logging, monitoring, etc…)
- Strong understanding of Linux ecosystem (systemd, iptables, Docker…)
- Solid understanding of networking (VPNs, TLS, firewalls, DNS, routing…)
- Being familiar with git
- Being familiar with some of the major public cloud ecosystems (GCP, AWS…)
- Being familiar with automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, CircleCI…)
- Basic understanding of databases – to be able to deploy and operate them. There are various (NoSQL and SQL) databases in our stack.
- Basic scripting skills (Python, bash…)
Will help you to get in:
- Having extensive experience with Google Cloud Platforms
- Programming experience in Python
- Having experience with designing and operating HW stacks (switches, firewalls, server units, GPU pools)
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace