Unlocking the Power of Data from Space
provides transparency to global changes and trends by combining the world’s largest collection of satellite imagery with a proprietary artificial intelligence engine. Our vision is to index the physical world and empower users with near-realtime large-scale analysis to drive decision making.
SpaceKnow has two distinct products: a web-based, on-demand geospatial analytics platform (also available through API), as well as a growing suite of economic index offerings.
In direct cooperation with our CFO you will learn new things in the (but not only) finance function of a cool startup headquartered in New York with global ambitions = very diverse workload, where the core is finance, but you will learn also about taxes, legal stuff and overall corporate governance.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Daily interaction with CFO, alongside with all company functions (management, R&D or sales) as well as with external stakeholders (accountants or investors)
- Communication with accountants, leading preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of management reporting
- Ad hoc analyses and reports supporting managerial and executive decisions
- Ability to pro-actively suggest improvements into company’s (not only) finance processes and internal reports
- Contracts management and ad hoc reading of contracts to determine their financial impact
- Be friend with Excel
- Understanding of accounting and finance
- Basic understanding of business contracts (ability to read it and determine impact on finance – accounting, cash flow, potentially taxes)
- Basic understanding of taxes
- Trustworthy, reliable, diligent, independent, well organized, flexible
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with all company functions, including management and investors, ability to communicate in English both verbal and written
- Team player, flexible attitude, hard-working, cost-conscious and results-driven, self-motivated with strong sense of urgency to complete projects efficiently and in a timely manner
- Capable of prioritising and managing workloads with little supervision
- Experience with finance function of an IT firm is welcome